I know I'm late, but I've been out of town... so back off!
1.What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
*I did my own show in New York. And I started to really save my money like a real adult.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
*My main resolution was to do the cabaret, so hooray, I did it! For the next year I just want to continue my auditions and practicing and yoga and just continue to educate myself in my field as well as my health.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*yes, my Michella had a baby girl!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
*None, but I did get close to Canada... I am stretching so I could say yes to this question!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
*A better grasp on my finances, more time to spend with Aaron, more gigs, and more trips to see the ones I love
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
*June 16 was my show. Also my three year anniversary (June 29) was so special in Maine. We had the best time and I can't wait to go again.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*My show, hands down.
9. What was your biggest failure?
*Nothing is big enough to note... and actually none of it was in my hands anyway.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
*Just those pesky allergies!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
*My iPhone. I can navigate lower Manhattan so much better with it. Aaron bought the wii, but I love that thing as well. And Jazzfest tickets. What an amazing week of debauchery that was!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
*Aaron for getting a job in the field he's been working so hard to be a part of for years. Of course I also did plenty of celebrating with Daveda. She's had such an amazing year. And my sister, Ginger- I just look up to her so much. She's such a strong person and she's going to be the most amazing mother in six weeks.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*Oh just some random ignorant people I run into sometimes. No one I know personally, thank goodness.
14. Where did most of your money go?
*Rent. Hey, I live in New York. I also spend tons on food and other bills, but that rent is killer.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
*The MET competition. Honestly my heart pounded so hard (in a good way!) when Daveda sang. It was amazing to see my friend on that stage.
*Jazzfest and crawfish boils
*My sister's pregnancy
*My show and my mom and Ginger's trip to see it
*Aaron and I's trip to Maine
*The Ben Folds concert. It was the best one I've been to, like, ever.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
*"You Don't Know Me" by Ben Folds and "Native New Yorker" by Odyssey
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? exactly the same, according to the scale
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*saving money, yoga, and vocalizing. I've been good about practicing my songs, but I need to be more deligent with my technical work. I also wish Aaron and I could have travelled more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*sleeping. I love my sleep, but I often get out of control. I'm just not a morning person.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
*Aaron and I's Christmas was two days early and he cooked a feast! We watched all our Christmas movies and specials. The actual day we had people over and ate gumbo and played some games. Then that weekend I went to Baton Rouge for Christmas with the family. I celebrated for a solid week!
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
*Nah. Already got that covered.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
*Pushing Daisies, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 30 Rock, and The Office
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
*I finally read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, my celebrity chef crush. I also loved Water for Elephants.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
*Just some technical discoveries about my own voice and how to control it better. There are a few songs that got me there- "Warm All Over" from Most Happy Fella, "Moonfall" from Edwin Drood and "I Can Do Better Than That" from Last 5 Years- these songs made me proud that I could 'master' them.
28. What did you want and get?
*A happy and healthy year.
29. What did you want and not get?
*Work in my field. But I'm still learning a lot and I haven't been at it for long, so I'm no where near discouraged yet.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
*Juno. Also I'm late on movies, but Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Little Miss Sunshine are some of my new favorites. Thanks Netflix!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
*I went to the Turkish Baths with Aaron. Then we had delicious Japanese and expensive cocktails overlooking Central Park. And we saw City Center's Damn Yankees. I turned 25.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*If I were out of debt. And if I could travel more. I love exploring with Aaron!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
*Casual as hell
34. What kept you sane?
*Aaron and our dinners together. I love when we cook for each other. Also spending time with friends. I'm lucky to work with the bulk of my buds in town. And the occasional visits home- seeing friends and family in my hometown is needed at least twice a year.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Anthony Bourdain. I adore him for some weird reason. And Sutton Foster. And Sherie Renee Scott. And Audra MacDonald. Because they have my dream job.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
*The whole election in general was a lot, especially being here. Everyone has an opinion that they can't wait to share with you after they've had a few drinks...
37. Who did you miss?
*My mom and Ginger. I wish I could just drive and see them.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
*Alece Deluca, my new bud at Joe Allen. She's one of the most positive people I've met in the city. And we have tons in common.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
*I have learned more about self worth. And I know more of my strengths and weaknesses. I also know more of what's important to me in life and where I want to be. I'm just more comfortable with myself in general. It's pretty awesome.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
*"I never thought so much could change" from Ben Folds' "Sentimental Guy"